About Me

I am a member of emerging Victoria band, Made in Bangs! This Blog is to further publicize Made in Bangs! as well as serving as an outlet for my personal art, music, poems, and ideas.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a Ridiculous (perfect) Day!

So, I woke up this morning to a vivid reminder that the people who run this world and specifically this country are idiots. This also reminded me that i hate waking up to radio news, specifically CFAX (gotta make sure i change the radio station before i set my alarm again).

Top headlines:

Canadian officials don't know how to deal with climate change because they have insufficient information about it

Canadian officials don't know how contaminated our fresh water supply is because they don't monitor it, nor do they know who's job it is to do so.

Wiki Leaks founder, Julian Assange, arrested on sexual abuse allegations

A study showed that Doctors who work 24 hour shifts make more mistakes near the end of that 24 hours than they do when they are well rested... but there is some debate about this as some say this study is inconclusive.

Canadian policy going into climate change conference "we wont do anything unless everyone does everything, because if we close a steal plant in Canada and it opens in China we haven't done any good."


Everything that's wrong with those headlines (if it wasn't already obvious) and notes to Canadian officials:

Canadian officials don't have sufficient info about climate change because this government refuses to believe climate change is a real thing. If you ignore a problem/ deny it exists, therefore refuse to accept any information about said issue, or condone any research into this issue, yes you are going to have insufficient information to deal with the problem. (By the way Mr. Harper and minions, preschoolers have better problem solving skills than you.)

Canadian officials (specifically the minister of environment), it's your job to monitor the contamination of our fresh water, and prevent contamination from happening... idiots. this is not hard to figure out!

One of the few people in this world trying to hold governments and institutions accountable for there less than ethical/moral/diplomatic actions is arrested on allegations of sexual abuse... now I'm not saying that sexual abuse is okay, it's not at all, but what these allegations boil down to is that Julian Assange had sex with a woman, then did not call her the next day, and then had sex with someone else the following day... doesn't really sound like what most people would call "rape". Maybe, maybe his behavior was less than upstanding (not nearly as bad as the behavior of those exposed by wiki leaks) , but to believe these allegations are anything but an attempt to distract from the information his organization is releasing would be foolish. we want more leaks!

That study about tired doctors... inconclusive... really!! are you stupid!? everyone knows that sleep deprivation causes you to make more mistakes, that's why truckers aren't legally allowed to drive 24 hours in a row. you're doctors! you would think of all people medical professionals would understand the dangers of sleep deprivation, but apparently not, idiots!

Finally, Government of Canada, what the fuck kind of policy is "we wont do anything unless everyone does everything, because if we close a steal plant in Canada and it opens in china we haven't done any good." going into an important world discussion on how to combat climate change!?!? That's like a five year old at his birthday party saying "I wont share any of my cake with my friends unless i can have it all to myself!" Stupid and illogical!
Sure it's true that closing a steal plant in Canada only to have it open in China doesn't benefit the climate any, and neither does getting nothing done because Canada refuses to agree to anything until all countries agree to do everything. Canada might as well just not participate in these climate change discussions, that way the rest of the world is guaranteed to get more done than if Canada did participate.
This policy is the biggest cop-out joke! a horribly selfish, nearsighted, load of SHIT! Come on Canada we got the fossil of the year award at the Copenhagen summit for a reason, and it's shit like this. SERIOUSLY GET YOU HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!


My changing perspective:

Now all of this idiocy left me with a sense of impending doom. Powerless against the hopeless machine my frustration increased throughout the day. The only thing I could say with certainty by the end of the day is that the entire human race is totally fucked and that we are all destined to self destruct under the weight of our own ridiculous stupidity! With this in mind I welcomed the idea of an apocalypse, the human race should feel full wrath of whatever power there is that hath the power to set wrath upon us; fire and brimstone, please put an end to this pitiful selfish species. I certainly don't have the power to make anything better, not against the pure magnitude of bullshit that populates this world... but then finally someone said something that made sense, that empowered me once more, something that filled me with hope and energy and exuberance... "what if this world is perfect, just the way it is in this moment?"

Sure not everything in the world is right, but in this moment things ARE exactly as they should be, completely perfect in every way! The things that enrage us move us to action, things that hurt us allow us to heal. In this very moment I have all the power in the world to do what ever I want. In this moment I can not be paralyzed by the sheer volume of bull shit in the world, for in this moment I am perfect, as is all that is! I am extremely fortunate to be living in North America, with a roof over my head and food in my fridge. I am in a position to act. I have enormous freedom here in Canada, when my government acts stupid I am allowed to say so. It is the choices I make moment to moment that matter. I can continue to chose to be frustrated and paralyze myself under the giant pile of bullshit I see in the world, continuing to pile it higher and higher on top of myself... or I can chose to act, live in the moment and liberate myself from this pile of bullshit.

When I think of all injustices in this world, and all the things that have ever been wrong with this world, and all the things that could go wrong in the world in the future it is paralyzing and I am powerless. But, when i see the world in this moment as perfect, i am empowered and moved to action.

I am grateful for the awareness that there is bullshit in this world, so that I may act in ways that demonstrates the perfection all around us.

No comments: